Monday 6 February 2012

Artistic Explorations: Layers & Lines (2)

Recently I was approached by a community project coordinator who asked me whether I would be interested in sharing my creative skills  for a new project called Youth Industries, specifically aimed at youngsters between 16 and 20. It didn't take me long to say yes to this new challenge! Although I don't have any experience in leading groups, I do think I can give them creative inspiration and that's what it is all about.
Soon I hope to hear who would be interested in abstract photography and (mixed media) art so I can start organising the sessions. I hope the group will be as excited as I am!

With all of this in mind, I made a beautiful walk along the partially frozen river Dee yesterday and brought along my little compact camera just in case I saw something that I could use for my own artwork and for this project. Well, it was hard to miss the beautiful ice shapes on the river bank. After some tweeks in Photoshop and Lightroom, this is the final result.

Ice shapes ©Fenfolio2012



2 comments:

  1. Great abstracts Fenneke!
    And so nice to see some artistic photographs of your hand again, it has been a while...

    Hope you will have fun at the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margot, thank you so much for your lovely comment! It certainly has been a while. I now realise that my photography skills are quite useful for my traditional artwork. Hope you're photography is going well too!

      Delete